Lady Hairy Armpits Smell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skills Acquisition

2 posters

Go down

Skills Acquisition Empty Skills Acquisition

Post  Baz Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Skills, depending upon campaigns, can be acquired as quest rewards or from Skill Trainers located in towns or outpost, (a Skill Trainer is also located in the Guild Hall).

As you progress through the game and your XP, (experience), increases you level up and acquire ‘Skill Points’. To see how many skill points you have press ‘H’. Some quests in the Factions campaign will give Skill Points as a reward.

Not all skills will be immediately available to you. Different skills become available to you as you progress through the game. Each non-elite skill costs 1 skill point at the Skill Trainer. Each skill will also cost an amount of gold at the Skill Trainer, up to a maximum of 1k, (1000 gold).

For links to skills available for each profession see here: https://ladysmell.forumotion.com/guides-f9/links-to-spells-skills-listings-by-profession-t23.htm - 79

Click on a skill name and that will show where each skill is available from.

Skills are divided into 2 main types:

Non-Elite Skills
You can have up to 8 Non Elite skills on your skill bar. These skills are obtained from quests or Skills Trainers.

Elite Skills
You can only have 1 Elite skill on your skill bar. Elite skills are obtained from killing Bosses and using a ‘Capture Signet’. Capture Signets are obtained from Skill Trainers like a normal skills but have only one use, to capture an Elite Skill after killing a Boss.

Capture Signets cost 1 Skill Point plus gold up to a maximum of 1k, (1000 gold).

Capture Signets will become available at Skill Trainers as you progress through the game. They are not generally available in the lower level areas.

Bosses spawn at certain locations in each campaign and have a specific profession and use a specific Elite Skill. Follow the links given above to see Bosses name, location, (map), and which Elite skill can be captured from that Boss.

Primary & Secondary Professions
As well as equipping skills from your primary profession you can also equip skills from your secondary profession. For example, a Warrior/Monk will also have the Monk skills available at the skill Trainer.

If you have Monk as your secondary profession you will also be able to use the ‘Capture Signet’ to capture Monk Elite Skills from killing Monk Bosses.

Which Skills to Get First
I would recommend that at first you concentrate on achieving a skill bar related to one attribute line of your profession. This will allow you to achieve a skill bar earlier, which maximizes your initial limited Skill Points, (skill acquisition), and Attribute Points.

Examples:

Warrior: Concentrate on Axe or Sword and Tactics or Strength.

Elementalist: Concentrate on Fire Magic and Energy Storage

By doing this in the early stages of you characters development you will be able to assign your attribute points over just 2 profession lines, (example: Fire Magic and Energy Storage), which will maximise the benefits from your skills.

You can then, as you progress and earn more Skills Points start to obtain skills related to your professions other skill lines and develop other builds.

Skills Related to Second Profession
Generally skills related to your second profession are used to complement the skills from your main profession.

Example: Monk/Mesmer will use 1 or 2 skills in the Mesmer ‘Inspiration Magic’ line for energy management.

It is generally not a good idea to create a build around your second profession, (there are builds that do this but these are generally related to specific PVP team or Farming builds).

I recently helped a Level 7 Elementalist through a mission. He was Ele/Ranger which in its self is not a problem. However, as the mission started I noticed that he had a bow and a pet and used only Ranger skills. If you want to use a bow and have a pet then please make a Ranger, not an Elementalist.

Post any questions you may have relating to skills or builds and I do my best to answer them.
Baz
Baz
Where is you antipersperant m8?
Where is you antipersperant m8?

Back to top Go down

Skills Acquisition Empty Re: Skills Acquisition

Post  Destroyer Madril Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 pm

i like this guy even if i never met him
RANGER AND ELE thats my 2 fav profs (but not on 1 char )
Destroyer Madril
Destroyer Madril
You smell like Hairy Lady Armpits!
You smell like Hairy Lady Armpits!

Back to top Go down